- 20% L ascorbic acid (collagen support, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, repairs photodamage)
- 2% Niacinamide B3 (antioxidant, reduces pores, smooths skin)
- 1 % Tocopherol (vitamin E – antioxidant)
- 1% Ferulic acid (antioxidant, supports vitamin C & E antioxidant activity)
- 0.5% Pantothenic acid B5 (anti-stress vitamin)
This potent antioxidant serum works like a shield to protect your skin from the ageing effects of environmental damage caused by UV radiation, pollution, toxins and chemicals in the environment.
Antioxidants work to neutralise free radicals in the skin. Free radicals are harmful and damaging electrically charged molecules that cause oxidisation of the cells. This is rather like biological rusting. We know that oxidisation accelerates skin ageing ~ using antioxidants daily considerably protects your skin cells from the damaging effects of free radicals. Antioxidants protect against the effects of UV exposure (sun), pollution, smog, city grime, chemicals, alcohol & smoking – all of which create free radical damage.
Our antioxidant serum combines four of the best scientifically proven skin antioxidants in the most active form ~ Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin B3 (niacinamide) and ferulic acid. It is a truly magnificent, high calibre formulation for anyone serious about skin health.
Suitable for all skin types
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is the most scientifically researched, proven and evaluated of all antioxidants. We use it in the L ascorbic acid form because studies show that this form of vitamin c is stable and able to penetrate deeply into the skin to disarm free radicals. We use it in a powerful 20% concentration to super charge your skin’s ability to fight oxidative damage. Vitamin C protects the skin from oxidative stress by sequentially donating electrons to neutralise free radicals.
- Ferulic acid: is found naturally in the seeds of fruits as well as some vegetables, nuts, bran and grains. It is a potent antioxidant that fights free radicals reducing potential cellular damage. Ferulic acid helps stabilise the antioxidant actions of vitamin C & Vitamin E.
- Vitamin E: is another well studied and powerful antioxidant. It occurs naturally in the skin but easily becomes depleted due to constant environmental exposure to the sun, pollution, infrared, smog etc. It works best with, and to enhance the effects of, Vitamin C.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3): is an antioxidant, reduces pores, smooths the skin & helps improve the skin barrier function.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: is a super skin hydrator due to its capacity as a humectant. This means it is able to hold up to 1000 times its weight in water. It also works as an antioxidant and a skin protector. It has been used in dermatology for many years to try skin dehydration.