What is an 8 Point Facelift?
An 8 point facelift is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment that is designed to lift and rejuvenate eight areas of the patient’s face to create a more youthful appearance.
Often referred to as a ‘Liquid Facelift’ or simply the ‘8 Point Lift’, the procedure is seen as the most advanced non-surgical anti-ageing treatment on the market due to the simplicity of administration and the very low level trauma caused on patients; with no anaesthesia* or stitches required.
How it Works
The treatment uses Dermal Fillers in combination with Wrinkle Relaxing Injections to target soft tissue that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while also firming sagging skin. Here at the Light Touch Clinic, our highly qualified cosmetic doctors tailor these dermal and Botox injections to perfectly suit the patient’s individual requirements.
This personalised treatment method means a subtle and rejuvenated look is created that avoids the artificial ‘puffed-up’ look that is sometimes associated with surgical facelifts.
Areas of Treatment
The procedure targets eight specific zones of the face that begin to lose their firm youthful tone and smoothness over time.
- Zygoma: the first injection is administered over the zygomatic arch bone (cheekbone).
- Maxilla and Zygoma: the second area targeted is the between the zygomatic and the maxilla (upper jawbone).
- Malar Fat Pad: the third treatment area is malar fat pad, (AKA buccal fat pad ), which is the fleshy area of the cheek.
- Canine Fossa: the fourth injection targets the canine fossa, which is the flesh located on the maxilla by the naval cavity.
- Oral Commissure: the fifth area treated is the oral commissure (AKA labial commissure of the mouth) which is the fine area where the upper lip meets the lower lip.
- Jowl Line: the sixth injection is applied to the lower cheek jowl.
- Mandible: the seventh treatment area is the mandible (jawbone) where the injection is applied to the angle fraction.
- Zygomatic Hollow: the final facial point treated is the hollow area between the zygomatic arch and the mandible.
Before Arranging the Treatment
The 8 Point Facelift has fantastic record of success, and with minimal recovery-time* and long-lasting results for many patients, the treatment is hugely popular. Additionally, at the Light Touch Clinic, we only ever use FDA approved treatments for the facelift, so you can be sure the procedure is completely safe.
However, you may decide that an 8 Point Facelift is not right for you. If this is the case, then there are alternative treatments that can be undertaken, including a range of wrinkle relaxers or skin tightening treatments that might be more suited to your individual needs.
Whatever treatment you decide on, it is always recommended that you arrange a one-on-one cosmetic consultation before deciding your course of anti-ageing treatments.
To arrange a consultation with our highly trained staff, contact us on:
Phone: 01932 849 552
Posted: 1 April 2016